Developers are essential for the success of the Linux Driver project.
Their tasks are:
- working with the companies to determine the proper type of driver that is needed for the device.
- design and develop the Linux kernel driver according to the Linux Kernel coding style.
- work with the project manager to help answer any questions that the company might have.
- submit the created driver to the Linux kernel mailing lists for inclusion in the main kernel source tree.
- If possible, maintain the driver over time, answering user emails that report bugs and other problems when the driver is used.
If you wish to become a developer on this project (we can always use more), please sign up on the developer mailing list at http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/mailman/listinfo/devel