Revision as of 02:49, 7 May 2012 by Tomasz Grzegurzko
Developing a driver for the Zarlink Ethernet Switch(ZL50408)
- read/write switch configuration registers
- send /receive control command frames - for statistics collection, MAC address learning, aging etc.
- send/ receive Ethernet data frames
Hardware Interface: 16 bit CPU interface connected to the local bus of Host Processor
- Operations 1 & 2 exported using a char interfaces. say /dev/zlctrl.
Userspace applications can make use of ioctls for configuration register access and read/write system calls to send/receive control frames.
- Operation 3 exported using network driver interface. say eth1